Experts in Healthy Habits and Eating Right
As the nation’s food and nutrition experts, Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) are committed to improving the health of their patients, clients and communities.
In honor of National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day on Wednesday, March 14, Morristown-Hamblen would like to recognize its nutrition staff for the tremendous job they do on a daily basis.
Registered Dietitian Nutritionists…
- are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living
- have degrees in nutrition, dietetics, public health or a related field from well-respected, accredited colleges and universities, completed an internship and passed an examination
- use their nutrition expertise to help individuals make personalized, positive lifestyle changes
- work throughout the community in hospitals, schools, public health clinics, nursing homes, fitness centers, food management, food industry, universities, research and private practice
- are advocates for advancing the nutritional status of Americans and people around the world
Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day, celebrated each year on the second Wednesday in March, was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to increase the awareness of registered dietitian nutritionists as the indispensable providers of food and nutrition services and to recognize RDNs for their commitment to helping people enjoy healthy lives.
Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System strives to provide high quality nutrition for patients and visitors. To learn more about our nutrition services, click here.