Date: December 11, 2021
Location: Downtown Morristown
Virtual Race options will be available
Give hope this holiday season by running or walking in the annual Jingle Run for Hope. Proceeds from this event benefit the Patient Assistance Fund at Morristown Regional Cancer Center and provide cancer patients and their families with financial assistance when they need it most. Starting and finishing in historic Downtown Morristown, the course features mild elevation changes and a scenic route. Participants are supported with our well marked course and chip timing. Plus we’re continuing our Virtual Run/ Walk courses to allow more ways to participate!
- Youth Entries (ages 17 and under) $10
- Adult Entries $25
- Adult Early Bird Registration $20
- Early bird discount is for adults only and ends 11/12/2021.
We have all been touched by cancer in some form or fashion in our lives. Our goal through Jingle Run for Hope 5K is to raise money for our local patients and awareness for those who could be affected by cancer in the future. Many of our patients need financial assistance during treatment. While we receive some support from outside organizations, there is still a financial deficit. Many patients need gas cards to drive to and from treatment. Some patients need help with basic utilities while they are out of work and others may need help buying their prescriptions.
That is where our annual Jingle Run for Hope comes in. Jingle Run will take place on December 11 in Downtown Morristown but we’ll also offer an option to participate virtually this year to allow you to safely social distance while supporting patients at Morristown Regional Cancer Center. The virtual option will allow you to participate safely and on your own schedule with a flexible course options and time frame. Between December 5 – 11, you may choose the race course that best fits your goals. The virtual race offers you an interactive experience that supports the social distancing needs of today’s climate while providing real-time engagement with other participants, sponsors and Morristown Regional Cancer Center.
To race virtually this year participants will utilize the RaceJoy App for this event. Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application. Instructions are also available at JingleRunForHope.com. The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone’s gps capability to record distance and time. This fundraiser is extremely important to MHHS and MRCC because 100% of the proceeds will make a direct impact on our patient’s quality of life.
How does our virtual race work?
Between the dates of December 5th and December 20th, run or walk the virtual course that you chose when you registered. Our event will offer several virtual versions of walk/run events- a 1 mile walk/run anywhere event utilizing any 1 mile route that the participant chooses, two 5K events – one utilizing any 5K route that the participant chooses and one that will utilize a certified 5K course. Each choice will allow use of the RaceJoy application from RunSignup to capture and record time and distance or a participant can record their time for any of the “run anywhere” courses using their Garmin, FitBit, or whatever method they choose and manually submit their time.
The only requirement for the “run anywhere” events is that the participants complete the walk/run in one session. Participants may utilize the RaceJoy application to record their time and distance or they can manually record and submit their time. We will post the time on the RunSignUp and Total Race Solutions sites. No awards for the “run anywhere” events.
- The participants who choose the Walk/Run on a certified course option will be required to walk/run a certified course. We have chosen Panther Creek State Park as our certified course.
In order to be eligible for awards the certified course, participants must utilize the RaceJoy Application to record their time.
Participants will be able to post their individual results either using the RaceJoy application or manually beginning at 12:00 AM on December 4, 2021 and ending at 11:59 PM on December 11, 2021. Only results captured and posted on the RaceJoy application will be eligible for awards on the certified 5K course.
Walk /Run Manual results may be posted as follows:
- Visit the Jingle Run For Hope 5K Walk Run (NEW VIRTUAL COURSE PENDING)
- Make sure you are logged in.
- Locate the “Results” tab at the top of the menu.
- Click the “Submit Virtual Results” button.
- Next search for your registration either by first and last name or by email address and date of birth.
- Once you have found your registration, select “Submit Virtual Results” and enter your finish time.
We will include RaceJoy utilization for this event to each registered participant as part of the registration fee. Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application. We have also posted those instructions on this page. The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone’s gps capability to record distance and time. Instructions for RaceJoy utilization for virtual events are as follows:
Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data.
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy’s prompts and adjust settings as needed.
Virtual Race Day:
- Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone.
- Select the course you are about to do.
- For Virtual Courses, Click START MY RACE as you begin your walk/run to start your personal clock. RaceJoy auto detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish.
- Race Redo for Virtual Events: You have the option to redo a course by clicking the redo button. This is only available for virtual events or on-site events with expanded race dates. Warning: Selecting the redo button will clear previous performance data.
With the most sincere gratitude, we thank all of our participants and sponsors who support our Jingle Run for Hope! Please reach out to Peyton Moore for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org