Jingle Run for Hope 2020 is Going Virtual!
Dates: December 5 – 20, 2020
We have all been touched by cancer in some form or fashion in our lives. Our goal through Jingle Run for Hope 5K is to raise money for our local patients and awareness for those who could be affected by cancer in the future. Many of our patients need financial assistance during treatment. While we receive some support from outside organizations, there is still a financial deficit. Many patients need gas cards to drive to and from treatment. Some patients need help with basic utilities while they are out of work and others may need help buying their prescriptions.
That is where our annual Jingle Run for Hope comes in. Jingle Run will take place virtually this year to allow you to safely social distance while supporting patients at Morristown Regional Cancer Center. In order to prioritize the health and safety of our community we will offer different course options and a flexible time frame. Between December 5 – 20, you may choose the race course that best fits your goals. The virtual race offers you an interactive experience that supports the social distancing needs of today’s climate while providing real-time engagement with other participants, sponsors and Morristown Regional Cancer Center.
To race virtually this year participants will utilize the RaceJoy App for this event. Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application. Instructions are also available at JingleRunForHope.com. The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone’s gps capability to record distance and time. This fundraiser is extremely important to MHHS and MRCC because 100% of the proceeds will make a direct impact on our patient’s quality of life.
Make a difference and race your way!
Join our virtual team. We will walk as individuals or with our families between December 5 – 20, 2020. Join us by Racing Your Way to show your continued support to the cause and commitment to participate this season. Simply select the type of run you’d like to participate in:
- 1 mile walk/run anywhere event utilizing any 1 mile route that the participant chooses.
- 5K walk/run anywhere event utilizing any 5K route that the participant chooses.
- 5K run event on a certified course at Panther Creek State Park. Participants must utilize the RaceJoy app to log their time and distance to be eligible for awards.
We will still feel a powerful sense of community knowing that thousands of individuals and families are walking alongside us in their neighborhoods and communities across East Tennessee. With your help we will continue to support the patients and families impacted by cancer in our local community.
We hope you will consider joining Morristown Regional Cancer Center in this year’s Jingle Run for Hope. Thank you for making a difference.
How does our virtual race work?
Between the dates of December 5th and December 20th, run or walk the virtual course that you chose when you registered. Our event will offer several virtual versions of walk/run events- a 1 mile walk/run anywhere event utilizing any 1 mile route that the participant chooses, two 5K events – one utilizing any 5K route that the participant chooses and one that will utilize a certified 5K course. Each choice will allow use of the RaceJoy application from RunSignup to capture and record time and distance or a participant can record their time for any of the “run anywhere” courses using their Garmin, FitBit, or whatever method they choose and manually submit their time.
The only requirement for the “run anywhere” events is that the participants complete the walk/run in one session. Participants may utilize the RaceJoy application to record their time and distance or they can manually record and submit their time. We will post the time on the RunSignUp and Total Race Solutions sites. No awards for the “run anywhere” events.
- The participants who choose the Walk/Run on a certified course option will be required to walk/run a certified course. We have chosen Panther Creek State Park as our certified course.
In order to be eligible for awards the certified course, participants must utilize the RaceJoy Application to record their time.
Participants will be able to post their individual results either using the RaceJoy application or manually beginning at 12:00 AM on December 5, 2020 and ending at 11:59 PM on December 20, 2020. Only results captured and posted on the RaceJoy application will be eligible for awards on the certified 5K course.
Walk /Run Manual results may be posted as follows:
- Visit the Jingle Run For Hope 5K Walk Run at Panther Creek State Park
- Make sure you are logged in.
- Locate the “Results” tab at the top of the menu.
- Click the “Submit Virtual Results” button.
- Next search for your registration either by first and last name or by email address and date of birth.
- Once you have found your registration, select “Submit Virtual Results” and enter your finish time.
We will include RaceJoy utilization for this event to each registered participant as part of the registration fee. Each registered participant will receive detailed instructions on using the RaceJoy application. We have also posted those instructions on this page. The RaceJoy application utilizes a smart phone’s gps capability to record distance and time. Instructions for RaceJoy utilization for virtual events are as follows:
Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data.
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy’s prompts and adjust settings as needed.
Virtual Race Day:
- Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone.
- Select the course you are about to do.
- For Virtual Courses, Click START MY RACE as you begin your walk/run to start your personal clock. RaceJoy auto detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish.
- Race Redo for Virtual Events: You have the option to redo a course by clicking the redo button. This is only available for virtual events or on-site events with expanded race dates. Warning: Selecting the redo button will clear previous performance data.
With the most sincere gratitude, we thank all of our participants and sponsors who support our Jingle Run for Hope! Please reach out to Peyton Moore for any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org