The Community Health Needs Assessment provides a roadmap to help communities reach their destination of a healthier place to call home. Morristown Hamblen Healthcare System is hopeful that this assessment will be a catalyst for meaningful collaboration and action as we address some of the most important health improvement opportunities facing Hamblen County.
The Affordable Care Act requires not-for-profit hospitals to conduct a needs assessment every three years and to create an Implementation Plan to address the significant findings. This effort will assist us in “connecting the dots” between Morristown Hamblen’s resources and the needs of the community, identifying additional resources, and engaging with our community partners in initiatives that benefit residents of Hamblen County.
Our Assessment Partners
This process could not have been done without the following organizations and individuals who gave guidance and thoughtful input along the way. Their expertise and relationships helped us access the general population as well as the county’s most vulnerable residents and helped distill volumes of data into the most significant health issues in Hamblen County. We deeply appreciate their commitment to the assessment process.
- Hamblen County Health Department
- Hamblen County Health Council
- Hamblen County Schools – Coordinated School Health
- Morristown Hamblen Healthcare System
- Knox County Health Department, Department of Assessment and Planning
- East Tennessee Technology Center – LPN Program
- County Mayor – Bill Brittain
- Hamblen County Senior Center
- Morristown Hamblen Public Library
- Morristown Chamber of Commerce