The cutest, sweetest, smartest baby is delivered here everyday.
48,000 babies delivered and counting.
Call (423) 585-0914 for information about classes or to schedule a tour.
The Women’s Center at Morristown-Hamblen Healthcare System provides comprehensive, family-centered care with LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum) suites. The experienced staff is trained to care for a wide variety of patients ranging from normal labor to high-risk mothers. Pediatricians, Anesthesiologists, Nurse Anesthetists, and Ultrasonographers are on call 24 hours a day for patient’s healthcare needs.
Expectant parents, children and other family members are welcome to learn more about our hospital and staff with guided tours.
Childbirth Class Series
Childbirth Classes are FREE!
Early Pregnancy Class – This class addresses prenatal care, diet and exercise, anger signs, changes to expect and much more for expectant parents.
Breastfeeding Class – A Lactation Specialist who prepares you for the joys of breastfeeding teaches this class. She also will help you decide if breastfeeding is a good choice for you and your family.
|July 9th||All Day Saturday Childbirth Class||9 am – 4:15 pm|
|July 16th||Breastfeeding Class||9 am – 12 pm|
|August 6th||All Day Saturday Childbirth Class||9 am – 4:15 pm|
|September 10th||All Day Saturday Childbirth Class||9 am – 4:15 pm|
|September 17th||Breastfeeding Class||9 am – 12 pm|
|October 1st||All Day Saturday Childbirth Class||9 am – 4:15 pm|
|November 5th||All Day Saturday Childbirth Class||9 am – 4:15 pm|
|November 12th||Breastfeeding Class||9 am – 12 pm|
|December 3rd||All Day Saturday Childbirth Class||9 am – 4:15 pm|
ALL CLASSES ARE HELD IN THE CANCER CENTER CLASSROOM LOCATED ON THE 1ST FLOOR IN THE NORTHEAST TOWER AT MORRISTOWN-HAMBLEN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM.
Call (423) 585-0914 for more information about classes or to schedule a tour.
The Newborn Nursery provides flexibility for new mothers. You may room in at all times, bring the baby to the nursery for breaks or allow our experienced nursery staff to care for your baby while you sleep. Our nursery staff and Certified Childbirth Educators are eager to help new moms with the transition from hosptial nursery to home.
- The Women’s Center, a lock-down unit, includes a camera-monitored security entrance providing safety for you and your baby.
- Visitors are asked to remain in the waiting room during the admission process. We welcome your support person to share in the joy of your delivery. If you wish for other family or friends to attend your delivery, please discuss this with your nurse. During labor and delivery, visitors are limited to 4 at a time. This allows us to give you the care you need. However, we reserve the right to limit visitors if your condition changes.
- Only one support person is allowed in the operating room during Ceasarean sections.
- Ask your nurse about our policy on hand-held cameras/VCR movie cameras.
What Can the Women’s Center Deliver for Me and My Baby?
- FREE Childbirth Classes
- Diaper bag
- Breastfeeding classes
- Sibling classes to deal with the transition of a new baby
- FREE Net Nursery Photography “Mini Photo-shoot”
- Scheduled in the hospital room, photographers capture baby’s first days using creative and unique poses. A photographer will work with you to incorporate your ideas and suggestions. Photos are posted to an online custom slide-show for viewing and sharing with family and friends. Online viewing and ordering is secure and password protected.